From: Gordon J. Rattray on
Hi,

I replaced my Asus motherboard with a faster Asus setup. I did an in place reinstall of XP Professional and did the Asus drivers from the CD and then an SP3 reinstall.

I can't get rid of a system driver ATK0110 ACPI that comes up each time it reboots....after I delete it from device manager.

I ran the AI Booster program from Asus and it said "AI Booster does not support this model", I guess a complete re-install from scratch would be the only way to fix this?

Thanks,

Gordon
From: Paul on
Gordon J. Rattray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I replaced my Asus motherboard with a faster Asus setup. I did an in
> place reinstall of XP Professional and did the Asus drivers from the CD
> and then an SP3 reinstall.
>
> I can't get rid of a system driver ATK0110 ACPI that comes up each time
> it reboots....after I delete it from device manager.
>
> I ran the AI Booster program from Asus and it said "AI Booster does not
> support this model", I guess a complete re-install from scratch would be
> the only way to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gordon

I'm not sure I understand the question.

I thought the deal was, on some former Asus motherboards, they added
a device to the ACPI table, that the BIOS passes to the OS (as ATK0110).
This shows up as an entry in the Device Manager. It has no driver. This annoyed
people, and the solution was, to install and then uninstall Ai Booster
program, as that would install a driver for it. Then at least the
Device Manager was clean.

On your new machine, the BIOS will likely not be passing an
ACPI entry for Ai Booster. So that should not need a driver
when the OS runs. So why is there a message popping up ?
If the new motherboard doesn't have Ai Booster, then
it should not need a driver installed for any ATK0110
entry.

Since you didn't mention the name of the original motherboard,
I just downloaded an ATK0110 driver for a look.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ACPI_1043400.rar

The INF in there, makes reference to

UninstallReg = "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Hcontrol"

and in another search on the Internet, I can find a reference like this.
This implies there may be a folder on your computer, with "stuff" in it.

C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\Hcontrol.exe

Take a look and see if you have something like that hanging around
the machine. It may have something to do with uninstalling the
driver, but I'm not sure of that. In any case, if you download
the original driver (or AiBooster that contained a driver), you
may find enough info in the INF file, to figure out how to deal
with it.

Paul
From: Bob I on
Just Disable it in Device Manager for now, unless you really want to do
the re-install now.

From: Gordon J. Rattray on
Hi Paul,

I put another hard drive in that Asus P5KPL machine and installed XP from scratch to test.

AI Booster and PC Probe II went in there just fine.....whereas they wouldn't in the old re-installed setup as mentioned previously.

I looked in the setup and couldn't find any C:\WINDOWS\ATK0100\Hcontrol.exe in it, nor anything in the registry like UninstallReg = "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Hcontrol".

The machine runs, though a bit slower than the fresh setup, I've disabled the "unknown device" in device managment, and if worse comes to worse, I'd back everything up and do a fresh install to start all over again.

Thanks,

Gordon