From: PajaP on
http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/removal/avc_removal_2009.pdf

I am sure some may find the results surprising especially as some of the
long-term players in the AV game (regularly promoted here) scored less
than a more recent and free offering. I am sure you know which one I
mean.
From: PajaP on
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 19:21:31 +0100, FredW <fredw(a)blackholespam.net>
wrote:

>Please do not provide a direct download link.
>I prefer to see for myself where the download comes from,
>before I decide to download or not.

You could edit the link or choose to ignore it. I may take your advice
though, for then next links I am to post. Thanks for the suggestion.

>http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparativesreviews/removal-tests
>(and there you can see that the report is over two months old.)

It is their most recent 'Comparatives Malware Removal Test'.
So, what is *your* point?

>And please be more specific than "I am sure you know what I mean".
>No, I do not know and I do not like this kind of guessing game.
> :-(

The report clearly states not to reproduce any of the information. I did
not :(

>So, what is your point?

I think that was clear.
From: PajaP on
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 20:54:02 +0100, FredW <fredw(a)blackholespam.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 18:39:31 +0000, PajaP
><pajap(a)news-only.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
>Discussing a report over two months old is a little bit late, isn't it?

I have only just read it myself today. I can see no references to the
report in the group at an earlier date and thought it was relevant,
especially as some people are of the belief that the newer software has
no merit. See further below.

>>The report clearly states not to reproduce any of the information. I did
>>not :(
>
>What a weird excuse.
>("the report states am I not allowed to tell why I want to bring up the
>report".)

Indeed, I know, but I was not sure what to write from a legal
perspective. I am still not sure so cannot comment much further still.

Not mentioned in these words in the report, is the fact that, fairly new
free Anti-Malware software, has beaten the majority of the long-term
established paid-for applications in some tests.
I believe this is especially relevant as the new application has been
described as "pretending to work" by a poster in the group and there has
been much discussion as to the worth of the new application.
To me this and other reports more than confirms that this new
application does indeed have merit and is a very viable alternative to
the more popular products.

I would encourage others to visit the site and read the report and draw
their own conclusions.

I will contact the AV_Comparatives and ask for clarification of how much
more of the report can be discussed here.
From: PajaP on
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 22:28:08 +0100, FredW <fredw(a)blackholespam.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 20:52:47 +0000, PajaP
><pajap(a)news-only.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>I would encourage others to visit the site and read the report and draw
>>their own conclusions.
>>
>>I will contact the AV_Comparatives and ask for clarification of how much
>>more of the report can be discussed here.
>
>One single report does not mean very much to me.
>
>I prefer to look at the yearly Summary Reports.
>http://www.av-comparatives.org/comparativesreviews/main-tests/summary-reports
>All tests reports have their contribution in the summary.

Thanks. Interesting reading.
The overall winner comes as a bit of a surprise (to me).
From: Leythos on
In article <ts0vj5lavk6nemf96cam8n4ek9tb1hqsjl(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
only.co.uk.invalid says...

> http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/removal/avc_removal_2009.pdf
>
> I am sure some may find the results surprising especially as some of the
> long-term players in the AV game (regularly promoted here) scored less
> than a more recent and free offering. I am sure you know which one I
> mean.

You should have been looking at the 2009 Summary:
http://av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/summary/summary2009.pdf

Trust yourself.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2