From: colp on
On Jul 19, 11:47 am, Paul Stowe <theaether...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 18, 10:58 am, colp <c...(a)solder.ath.cx> wrote:

> > > Momentum and Energy have a directly proportional relationship.
>
> > Not it terms of velocity they don't, and velocity is dependent upon
> > the coordinate system that is chosen to represent, i.e. the nominally
> > 'absolute' reference system.
>
> I'm sorry but, in our universe, momentum and energy is, by definition,
> are alway directly proportional by the speed relative TO the measuring
> system.

So are you saying that kinetic energy does not equal 1/2 mv^2?

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/ke.html

The point is that you are wrong when you assert that there is no
concept of absolutes in the kinetic theory which underpins fluid
theory. The math which proves you wrong is included within the context
of this post.
From: eric gisse on
colp wrote:

[...]

>> I'm sorry but, in our universe, momentum and energy is, by definition,
>> are alway directly proportional by the speed relative TO the measuring
>> system.
>
> So are you saying that kinetic energy does not equal 1/2 mv^2?

Paul is wrong about many things but not about this.

> http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/ke.html
>
> The point is that you are wrong when you assert that there is no
> concept of absolutes in the kinetic theory which underpins fluid
> theory. The math which proves you wrong is included within the context
> of this post.

You don't understand fluid mechanics either, stupid. What a goddamn shocker.

From: colp on
On Jul 19, 2:02 pm, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> colp wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> I'm sorry but, in our universe, momentum and energy is, by definition,
> >> are alway directly proportional by the speed relative TO the measuring
> >> system.
>
> > So are you saying that kinetic energy does not equal 1/2 mv^2?
>
> Paul is wrong about many things but not about this.

So you are saying that kinetic energy does not equal 1/2 mv^2?

(original context reposted)

Paul:

From: colp on
On Jul 19, 3:33 pm, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> colp wrote:
> > On Jul 19, 2:02 pm, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> colp wrote:
>
> >> [...]
>
> >> Paul is wrong about many things but not about this.
>
> > So you are saying that kinetic energy does not equal 1/2 mv^2?
>
> No, but momentum is.

Then Paul is wrong for saying that energy is always directly
proportional to speed, and you are wrong for endorsing him.

But, getting back you your accusation, you said:

"You've already been caught once fabricating quotes about what papers
say"

Again, why don't you quote what I said?