From: Rob Smiler on
A point I am recognizing for a longer time now and found no solution, yet:

Having an Access 2000 created application. At some point there was the
decision to step over to Access 2007 for development. We did recognize
to late that one customer still running some workstations on Windows
2000. Access 2007 does not install on this machines.

We found that Access 2000 cannot view certain database objects like
queries that had been created by Access 2007. The objects obviously are
there - otherwise some forms would not function properly.

Anyone an idea how to solve this and showing that missing acc07 forms
back in db window?

Thanks

rob*
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 19:54:20 +0100, Rob Smiler
<robsmiler(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

Perhaps it would be more advantageous to assist that one customer with
upgrading to newer operating systems. Or perhaps they can't upgrade to
the new version until they upgrade their OS. Some companies get away
with these policies...

You can design the query, show the SQL, and paste it into the A2000
application. I'm surprised that queries would not work; I would have
expected many more incompatibilities with forms.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Rob Smiler on
Thanks for reply Tom,

Tom van Stiphout wrote:
> Perhaps it would be more advantageous to assist that one customer with
> upgrading to newer operating systems. Or perhaps they can't upgrade to
> the new version until they upgrade their OS.

Exactly that is the case... :(

> Some companies get away
> with these policies...

These days not only those companies are getting out of business. We
recently saw other very robust businesses going south. So - we all must
not do what we want to do or would be best - but what the customers
expects doing us. Not telling you, that money for IT budget is getting
less ... noooo!

> You can design the query, show the SQL, and paste it into the A2000
> application. I'm surprised that queries would not work; I would have
> expected many more incompatibilities with forms.

I personally was surprised, too.

The strange thing is: THEY DO WORK! if bound in a form/report or opening
directly in VB code.

Inbetween all kind of projects there are dozends of queries which don't
appear in DB window when opened in Access 2000! So it is not possible on
this machines to alter these queries (this is rare but happens). To
alter anything you then need a machine with Access 2007. Weird.