From: I dont know I dont on
I upgraded windows xp to windows 7. My Access 2003 .MDB files are not
working corectly in windows 7. When I try to open a form, I get a query
parameter box and then any event that trys to run I get something like this:

"The expression <Event name> you entered as the event property setting
produced the following error: Object or class does not support the set of
events."

When working in xp mode of Windows 7 it works fine.
Any suggestions?
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:16:01 -0800, I dont know <I dont
know(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Open a code window and select Tools > References. Is there one marked
as missing? Also do you have the correct DAO or ADO library selected?
Can you compile the application?

In Win7 some folders are off-limits by default. Make sure yours is not
one of them. Copy the app to c:\users\your_name and try again.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: I dont know on
This also happens in the Northwind sample mdb database.

From: Tom Wickerath AOS168b AT comcast DOT on
The first thing I would look for is any references marked as MISSING.

Solving Problems with Library References (Allen Browne)
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

Access Reference Problems (Doug Steele)
http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/AccessReferenceErrors.html

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

From: I dont know on
Fixed!!!

The references was fine. It compiled fine.

I used the Detect and Repair Tool. I guess there was a problem with the
installation of Office 2003.

When I opened any mdb file, it got corupted. Createing a new form went ok
until I attempted to program an event procedure. Then access shut down.

After doing the detect and repair, i went to a back up copy, and it worked
fine.

The detect and reapir replaced the northwind file too. and it also works
correctly now.

Thanks for your quick response.