From: Jessica on
I am trying to create a graph that has two colums for two types of data.
Basically I want:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
Row Heading Column Heading Value Value

I am wanting a line graph with two lines (one for column 3 and one for
column 4), but Access does not want to do the graph the way I want. Any
suggestions?
--
Jessica
From: Bob Barnes on
If you know "automation", send the data to Excel, and use an Excel Chart.

HTH - Bob

From: roccogrand on
Jessica,

Although Access uses the same graphics engine as Excel, creating charts in
Access is not very intuitive. To learn how to use the charting tool, check
out one of the online tutorials. Here is the URL for one on the Database
Journal website:
http://www.databasejournal.com/features/msaccess/article.php/3764206/Creating-Charts-in-an-Access-2007-Database.htm

There is a sample database on the site that has a pre-built chart. The
steps may be out of order but with a little trial and error you will get it
to work. In Design View, you can easily EDIT the chart data, e.g., delete
columns and rows.

Unfortunately the database developers at Microsoft haven't embraced graphics
fully yet. And most database people don't chart either - you may have to
look through several Access books to find one that explains how to chart.

So as Bob suggested, you may want to use Excel but Access theoretically can
do everything that Excel can. But by the time you create the chart you want,
you would have forgotten why you wanted it or you can't remember how to do it
again.

Good luck.

From: Duane Hookom on
Apparently this is a crosstab? Can you share the SQL view? Access charts can
display multiple datasets.

Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

From: a a r o n . k e m p f on
I use either OWC reports, or SQL Server Reporting Services

sorry.. but Access for Reporting is stuck in the 16th century