From: tkosel on
I thought I posted this already, but don't see it. Seems like my post didn't
get posted.

I have an Access 2003 MDE front end that is linked to an Access 2003 MDB
backend. Been in use for years, works fine.

I was led to understand that Access 2007 couldn't run a MDE file. Reference
this Microsoft KB article.

My customer who uses this unknowingly gave access to the MDE file to a user
who only has Access 2007 installed. To my/our surprise, the MDE ran in
Access 2007. Can anybody explain that?

At the same time, we started to have some problems with the data. Could
Access 2007 have had anything to do with that?

From: Daniel Pineault on
Please do not repost the same question numerous times. Your original
question from earlier today already has several answers.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.access&p=1&tid=20cdd190-b228-470c-8b13-765f84395f67
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault