From: RonG on
Hi,
I have an Access 97 database that I am in the process of converting to
Access 2007 (accdb). When attempting to compile the application, I
will get a message that Microsoft Office Access has stopped working,
and then given the choice to look for a solution and restart, or just
restart. The additional information is as follows.....
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MSACCESS.EXE
Application Version: 12.0.6423.1000
Application Timestamp: 49b08a47
Fault Module Name: VBE6.DLL
Fault Module Version: 6.5.10.40
Fault Module Timestamp: 48a4b5d6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00010bba
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033
Brand: Office12Crash
skulcid: 1033

I've tried doing a compact/repair of the database, and I updated to
the most recent version of Microsoft Office 2007 and Access. I could
try reinstalling Access, or perhaps try a 3rd party database repair
utility, but I'm not sure how to isolate the problem to determine if
it's an MS module that's corrupt or my database, or if there is a
problem in the code itself that's causing the problem, although I'd be
surprised if a compile error would cause Access to crash. I've
created a simple database and it will compile correctly, but I may not
be getting the interaction with vbe6.dll, which seems to be causing
the problem.

Thanks for any guidance you might be able to provide.

Ron
From: Marco Pagliero on
On 23 Mrz., 00:44, RonG wrote:
> I have an Access 97 database that I am in the process of converting to
> Access 2007 (accdb).  When attempting to compile the application, I
> will get a message that Microsoft Office Access has stopped working,
> and then given the choice to look for a solution and restart, or just
> restart.  The additional information is as follows.....

I would first try to convert to Access 2000 or 2003. Maybe it works,
or maybe it says you where the problem is. If it works you can try to
convert the converted database to 2007.

Greetings
Marco P
From: Br on
On Mar 25, 11:34 pm, Marco Pagliero <mart...(a)web.de> wrote:
> On 23 Mrz., 00:44, RonG wrote:
>
> > I have an Access 97 database that I am in the process of converting to
> > Access 2007 (accdb).  When attempting to compile the application, I
> > will get a message that Microsoft Office Access has stopped working,
> > and then given the choice to look for a solution and restart, or just
> > restart.  The additional information is as follows.....
>
> I would first try to convert to Access 2000 or 2003. Maybe it works,
> or maybe it says you where the problem is. If it works you can try to
> convert the converted database to 2007.
>
> Greetings
> Marco P

I had a similar problem trying to compile an A2003 application when I
also had A2007 installed. Once I installed the "A2003 post service
pack 3 update" it was fixed. Wasted a lot of time on that one thinking
my database was corrupt.

Corruption is a common cause. Try the usual corruption fixes...
decompile, rebuild a new MDB etc.

An interim conversion to A2000/2003 is definately worth a try too.

Br(a)dley