From: exebat on
Is there any way to navigate the new webbrowser control built-in ms
access 2010 from VBA ?

Webbrowser.navigate does not work.
From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:05:47 -0700 (PDT), exebat
<srdjan.vasiljevic(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Use:
Me.myWebBrowserControl.Object.Navigate myUrl

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: exebat on
It works. Thanks a lot.
From: David W. Fenton on
Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.spam(a)cox.net> wrote in

> Use:
> Me.myWebBrowserControl.Object.Navigate myUrl

Is there some good reason why they changed the commands for the new
web browser control?

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/
From: Albert D. Kallal on
"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet(a)dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Tom van Stiphout <tom7744.no.spam(a)cox.net> wrote in
>
>> Use:
>> Me.myWebBrowserControl.Object.Navigate myUrl
>
> Is there some good reason why they changed the commands for the new
> web browser control?

Well, actually I think the reason here is that we never had a old one. This
is a new Access control and it not a activeX one. It is native to access and
can bound like a text box (or say the new picture control. So you find this
control in the tool box now, not the activeX list.

So much of the way this control works is Access based. You can even use
access expressions based on concatenation of several other fields in the
form (parameters). Since this new web browser control can be bound to a
column in the form underlying data source then a simple navigation to a
different record or even code that changes the value of that column means
the web control will update to reflect the URL.

To display web pictures, web part photos, temperature data. Stock data or
even to display some HTML with JavaScript inside of a form then this control
has more uses then any possible control added to the tool box then I can
think of in all of access history.

Not only can you build up expressions like you can for any control such as a
text box, but you can also "save" the scroll position that you are viewing
into the web page. This is one major nice addition.

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada