From: Simon on
I have an access database, that is running of a mysql server

When i click on button it can take a fair bit of time to respond and
the mouse can frezze. it also says 'Not Responding'

At first i thought it could be internet speed but i have just tested
on a new server with very hight query buffers and not running any
thing else

The query do load fast once Access starts responding again

Abny idea what could be causeing it
From: Jeff Boyce on
Are you trying to do this across a "wide area network" (e.g., the internet)?
There are some issues with Access' performance on WANs.

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: david on
Sounds like a DNS problem, but it could be anything.

(david)