From: Lorne on
I have 5 folders on my XP desktop shared on a peer to peer network.

When I connect with my XP Laptop I can read 4 of the folders but get an
"Access denied" error message when connect to the other one. How is that
possible? and how do I solve it?

It used to work - just went wrong today.

From: Shenan Stanley on
Lorne wrote:
> I have 5 folders on my XP desktop shared on a peer to peer network.
>
> When I connect with my XP Laptop I can read 4 of the folders but
> get an "Access denied" error message when connect to the other one.
> How is that possible? and how do I solve it?
>
> It used to work - just went wrong today.

What are the share permissions?
What are the file/folder permissions?

Do both on the affected folder match those on the unaffected folders?

(Yes - troubleshooting is a "which of these do not belong" type puzzle
sometimes. *grin*)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Jim on
On Sat, 22 May 2010 11:15:56 +0100, "Lorne"
<lorne_anderson(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have 5 folders on my XP desktop shared on a peer to peer network.
>
>When I connect with my XP Laptop I can read 4 of the folders but get an
>"Access denied" error message when connect to the other one. How is that
>possible? and how do I solve it?
>
>It used to work - just went wrong today.

Quickest way - system restore to yesterday .