From: Cam on
Hi

I executed the following command from the DOS prompt:

runas /user:mypc.domain\dummyuser2 "C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe"

I got the following prompt:
Enter the password for mypc.domain\dummyuser2:

After entering the password, I got the following messages:
Attempting to start C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe as user "mypc.domain\dummyuser2" ...
RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe
5: Access is denied.

BTW, I had to use the 'runas' from the command prompt because the
shift-rightmouseclick and 'run as' from the start menu did not work.

Thanks
From: Billns on
On 4/21/2010 3:02 PM, Cam wrote:
> Hi
>
> I executed the following command from the DOS prompt:
>
> runas /user:mypc.domain\dummyuser2 "C:\Documents and Settings\All
> Users\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe"
>
> I got the following prompt:
> Enter the password for mypc.domain\dummyuser2:
>
> After entering the password, I got the following messages:
> Attempting to start C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
> Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe as user "mypc.domain\dummyuser2" ...
> RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
> Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office\Excel.exe
> 5: Access is denied.
>
> BTW, I had to use the 'runas' from the command prompt because the
> shift-rightmouseclick and 'run as' from the start menu did not work.
>
> Thanks
Does Excel start if you start it normally, i.e. not using runas?

Why do you need "runas"?

Bill