From: Tim Clark on
Hi,

I'm running Centos with the standard sendmail package (Version 8.13.8)
- and want to setup it up as a relay that doesn't fall foul of
backscatter. As an example I'd like to relay for the address
"paul(a)test.com" - but not for "anythingelse(a)test.com"

I setup the access file like this:

To:paul(a)test.com RELAY

However - when I try and test it I get:

HELO mytestclient.local
250 node2 Hello [10.3.0.106], pleased to meet you
MAIL FROM: test(a)test.com
250 2.1.0 test(a)test.com... Sender ok
RCPT TO: paul(a)test.com
550 5.7.1 paul(a)test.com... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed
[10.3.0.106]

However - if I set the access file like this:

test.com RELAY

Then it works and allows relaying - but allows "anythingelse(a)test.com"
to relay too - which I don't want.

I suspect I'm missing something blindingly obvious - does anyone have
any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim
From: Andrzej Adam Filip on
Tim Clark <tdac42(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running Centos with the standard sendmail package (Version 8.13.8)
> - and want to setup it up as a relay that doesn't fall foul of
> backscatter. As an example I'd like to relay for the address
> "paul(a)test.com" - but not for "anythingelse(a)test.com"
>
> I setup the access file like this:
>
> To:paul(a)test.com RELAY
>
> However - when I try and test it I get:
>
> HELO mytestclient.local
> 250 node2 Hello [10.3.0.106], pleased to meet you
> MAIL FROM: test(a)test.com
> 250 2.1.0 test(a)test.com... Sender ok
> RCPT TO: paul(a)test.com
> 550 5.7.1 paul(a)test.com... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed
> [10.3.0.106]
>
> However - if I set the access file like this:
>
> test.com RELAY
>
> Then it works and allows relaying - but allows "anythingelse(a)test.com"
> to relay too - which I don't want.
>
> I suspect I'm missing something blindingly obvious - does anyone have
> any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

Take a look at the post/thread below:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.sendmail/msg/a11e44485798cf5a
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Subject: Re: access blacklist_recipients
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:16:16 +0000

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi(a)onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip(a)gmail.com
http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/ http://anfi.homeunix.org/
From: Claus Aßmann on
Tim Clark wrote:

> To:paul(a)test.com RELAY

> MAIL FROM: test(a)test.com

RFC 2821 etc:
MAIL FROM:<test(a)test.com>

> 250 2.1.0 test(a)test.com... Sender ok
> RCPT TO: paul(a)test.com

RCPT TO:<paul(a)test.com>

> test.com RELAY

> Then it works and allows relaying - but allows "anythingelse(a)test.com"
> to relay too - which I don't want.

Upgrade and see the fine documentation:

8.14.0/8.14.0 2007/01/31
CONFIG: New option `relaytofulladdress' for FEATURE(`access_db')
to allow entries in the access map to be of the form
To:user(a)example.com RELAY
From: Tim Clark on
Andrzej - the blacklist-recpients was enabled - but the virtual-domain
solutions seems to be working (although i'm noticing some funny MX
loop errors - but otherwise the system is now functioning as I'd
like).

Claus - that looks exactly the feature I was looking for - thanks for
for the heads up.

Thanks to both of you!

Tim