From: philo on
JacobH wrote:
> philo wrote:
>> JCS wrote:
>>> I recently had my desktop tuned up and when I recieved it back they
>>> updaed the Bios and now I cannot open microsoft (xcel, Word,
>>> Powerpoint) file with the standard application. It opens as Read
>>> only and the content of the file is blank. I can open the word
>>> document with clipboard, excel with the internet option and
>>> Powerpoint with viewer. In additon, when I try to attach docs to an
>>> email through the desltop short cut, it gives me the following error
>>> "ccess to the following potenially unsafe attachements has been
>>> blocked: xxxxxxxx.INK" Any thoughts?
>>
>> take it back to the place that ruined your machine and have them fix
>> it
>
> I've never liked that policy, take it to someone else and have them bill
> the place that screwed it!

they won't pay the bill

but it's sometimes the only choice
From: Twayne on
In news:2A076E8F-028D-4548-B796-6EAB136526D9(a)microsoft.com,
JCS <JCS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I recently had my desktop tuned up and when I recieved it back they
> updaed the Bios and now I cannot open microsoft (xcel, Word,
> Powerpoint) file with the standard application. It opens as Read
> only and the content of the file is blank. I can open the word
> document with clipboard, excel with the internet option and
> Powerpoint with viewer. In additon, when I try to attach docs to an
> email through the desltop short cut, it gives me the following error
> "ccess to the following potenially unsafe attachements has been
> blocked: xxxxxxxx.INK"
>
> Any thoughts?

I can't correlate your post with the Subject line: Is this something that
only happened over a network? But then you say it's your desktop and no
mention of the network.

Personally I'd take the machine back and tell them to restore it to its
original state with everythign working, but the network throws a monkey
wrench into their possibly being able to do that.

Or did you just hijack a thread? If so, start your own new thread for the
best responses.

Twayne
Often you'll find excellent advice on a newsgroup.
Before you use that advice though, consider the
ramifications of it being wrong or even dangerous;
how important IS that to you?
ALWAYS verify and confirm ANY advice from a
newsgroup!