From: simon on
I thought I'd post this since I've spent the better part of my day resolving
it. Very frustrating to pull a new laptop out of the box and not have it
working.

Hardware: Acer 8204WLMi, Intel 945PM Chipset, Intel PRO/1000 PM Ethernet

Problem: Ethernet connection drops randomly and intermitently. The driver
constantly restarts itself (Event ID: 42 from source e1express). This means
that the network connection stalls, sometimes causing the entire system to
stall.

Root Cause: Bad eeprom on the NIC from Intel

Solution:

1. Download intel_eeprom.zip from
ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/travelmate_8200/driver/
2. Extract, start Command Prompt
3. Run eeupdatew32 /BUS=3 /DEV=00 /DATA TEKOA_A3.txt
4. Reboot
5. Enjoy and be happy

From: PAUL on
THANK YOU SIMON!!! YOU MADE MY WEEKEND.
YOU NEED TO EXTRACT THESE FILES INTO THE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS
FOLDER.

I WILL SPREAD THIS NEWS AND GIVE YOU THE CREDIT.
THANKS
PAUL