From: Ludovic Brenta on
(reposted from debian-ada(a)lists.debian.org to comp.lang.ada)

I make this announcement with great pride. After a year or so of
mentoring, my young and talented Padawan, Xavier Grave, has been
accepted as a Debian Maintainer[1,2,3]. Xavier is the maintainer of
three new packages in Debian:

liblog4ada -- An Ada library for flexible logging
libxmlezout -- Easy-to-use library for emitting XML from Ada programs
polyorb(*) -- Multiple-personality middleware for Ada
(*) together with Reto Buerki and myself

In addition, he will adopt the following existing package:

music123 -- A command-line shell for sound-file players

and he occasionally helps maintain:

gnat-gps -- The GNAT Programming System - advanced IDE for C and Ada

Now that he is a Debian Maintainer, he has the right to upload new
versions of his packages to the Debian archive without supervision
from a sponsor. In time, I do hope he will grow into a full Debian
Developer with voting rights, the right to upload any package and to
sponsor packages for his own Padawans :)

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2010/02/msg00012.html
[3] http://bugs.debian.org/569186

--
Ludovic Brenta.
From: Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) on
Le Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:49:18 +0100, Ludovic Brenta
<ludovic(a)ludovic-brenta.org> a écrit:
And you Ludovic, who was your mentor ? ;)

--
No-no, this isn't an oops ...or I hope (TM) - Don't blame me... I'm just
not lucky
From: Ludovic Brenta on
Hibou57 (Yannick Duchêne) writes on comp.lang.ada:
> Le Tue, 02 Mar 2010 14:49:18 +0100, Ludovic Brenta
> <ludovic(a)ludovic-brenta.org> a écrit:
> And you Ludovic, who was your mentor ? ;)

I started from the already excellent packages by Samuel Tardieu. I also
learned a lot from Matthias Klose, the leade maintainer for GCC and
related packages, who was also my sponsor. Some parts I learned the
hard way (long hours reading and re-reading documentation, processing
bug reports, etc.) Overall it took me three years from the time I
started to the time when I became a Debian Developer. There was no
intermediate Debian Maintainer status at that time.

--
Ludovic Brenta.
From: Pascal Obry on
Le 02/03/2010 14:49, Ludovic Brenta a �crit :
> I make this announcement with great pride. After a year or so of
> mentoring, my young and talented Padawan, Xavier Grave, has been
> accepted as a Debian Maintainer[1,2,3]. Xavier is the maintainer of
> three new packages in Debian:

Congrats to Xavier! You're doing a pretty good job.

--| Pascal Obry Team-Ada Member
--| http://www.obry.net - http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--|

From: xavier grave on