From: Len Brown on
> What about using _OSI() with a *blacklist*, i.e. treat _OSI("Unknown
> String") as "new enough", whereas _OSI("Windows 2000") is ignored?

Sound reasoning, but I think that parsing the _OSI strings presented
by the BIOS so that the OS can deving whether it is a Windows XP
box or newer is more complicated than this problem merits.

I recommend that we compare DMI date with 2003 and go from there.
If we find that doesn't work, we can apply additional cleverness.

-Len Brown
Intel Open Source Technology Center