From: Victor Duchovni on
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 05:41:03PM -0600, AMP Admin wrote:

> just in case anyone comes across this I got it sorted with the following:
>
> /^Subject: .*/ PREPEND MyString

This is still wrong.

--
Viktor.

From: "AMP Admin" on
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 05:41:03PM -0600, AMP Admin wrote:

> just in case anyone comes across this I got it sorted with the following:
>
> /^Subject: .*/ PREPEND MyString

This is still wrong.

--
Viktor.

Well I guess I don't qualify for the job in your sig lol

What would the correct way be?

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Victor Duchovni <Victor.Duchovni(a)morganstanley.com>:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 05:41:03PM -0600, AMP Admin wrote:
>
> > just in case anyone comes across this I got it sorted with the following:
> >
> > /^Subject: .*/ PREPEND MyString
>
> This is still wrong.

Because it doesn't contain a header label?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

From: Wietse Venema on
Ralf Hildebrandt:
> * Victor Duchovni <Victor.Duchovni(a)morganstanley.com>:
> > On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 05:41:03PM -0600, AMP Admin wrote:
> >
> > > just in case anyone comes across this I got it sorted with the following:
> > >
> > > /^Subject: .*/ PREPEND MyString
> >
> > This is still wrong.
>
> Because it doesn't contain a header label?

Enough.

1) The pattern has a useless .* at the end.

2) It does not match mail with an empty Subject: line.

3) It does not match mail without Subject: line.

As for what is "right", that depends on the problem that the poster
is trying to solve.

Wietse

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2