From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge on
On 12/31/1969 04:15 PM, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Dynamically loaded hypervisor? Do we really want to support that?

(Missed this because your datestamp was 1969...)

The idea was that you could boot a guest under VMWare fully virtualized
then switch it to a VMI guest by loading a module. I don't think it
ever worked out - the transition was too trick to get right (especially
applying all the pvops patching to a live system).