From: OREALLY on

I have a jpg icon I'd like to add to the icons in
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\url.dll." How can this be done?

Thanks,

Oreally

From: Bruce Hagen on

"OREALLY" <oreally(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

> I have a jpg icon I'd like to add to the icons in
> "C:\WINDOWS\system32\url.dll." How can this be done?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Oreally

Change it to a .ico file extension first. JPGs won't work as an icon.
Then, either drag it in the folder if you are allowed, or just create a
new folder of your own to store downloaded icons. (When you want to change
an icon, you can browse to the folder).

Free Online Image Converter
http://www.coolutils.com/Online/Image-Converter/
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Bob I on
You don't, you Save it as/convert it to a BMP file, and rename the file
type to .ICO and then you may apply it to the shortcut of choice.

From: OREALLY on
I guess there is no way to edit the "C:\WINDOWS\system32\url.dll?"

Oreally

From: dadiOH on
OREALLY wrote:
> I guess there is no way to edit the "C:\WINDOWS\system32\url.dll?"

It was written so it can be edited. A resource editor should work but why
would you want to edit it? It only has four icons.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

 |  Next  |  Last