From: Odd Bob on
Hi. I picked an Acer Aspire One 532h netbook on sale Target last week.
Nice little machine, and I would like to upgrade the memory from 1 GB to 2
(I've already verified that it's easy to do with this model.) I have read,
however, this it might shorten the netbook's amazing battery life. Does
anyone know how much of a difference this might make?

Thanks.

-- Bob

From: Bob Villa on
On Jul 27, 3:58 am, Odd Bob <odd_...(a)odd.bob> wrote:
> Hi.  I picked an Acer Aspire One 532h netbook on sale Target last week.
> Nice little machine, and I would like to upgrade the memory from 1 GB to 2
> (I've already verified that it's easy to do with this model.)  I have read,
> however, this it might shorten the netbook's amazing battery life.  Does
> anyone know how much of a difference this might make?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- Bob

Shouldn't do much to affect battery usability. I have heard in
different news groups that XP vs Win7 makes a difference in battery
use. XP being the more friendly.
From: BillW50 on
Odd Bob wrote on 27 Jul 2010 08:58:51 GMT:
> Hi. I picked an Acer Aspire One 532h netbook on sale Target last week.
> Nice little machine, and I would like to upgrade the memory from 1 GB to 2
> (I've already verified that it's easy to do with this model.) I have read,
> however, this it might shorten the netbook's amazing battery life. Does
> anyone know how much of a difference this might make?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- Bob

It might shave off about 3 to 4 minutes of battery time. Not too much to
worry about, eh?

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC
From: Ryan P. on
On 7/27/2010 4:29 AM, Bob Villa wrote:
> On Jul 27, 3:58 am, Odd Bob<odd_...(a)odd.bob> wrote:
>> Hi. I picked an Acer Aspire One 532h netbook on sale Target last week.
>> Nice little machine, and I would like to upgrade the memory from 1 GB to 2
>> (I've already verified that it's easy to do with this model.) I have read,
>> however, this it might shorten the netbook's amazing battery life. Does
>> anyone know how much of a difference this might make?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -- Bob
>
> Shouldn't do much to affect battery usability. I have heard in
> different news groups that XP vs Win7 makes a difference in battery
> use. XP being the more friendly.

I actually found my battery life grew by about 30 minutes when I
switched to Win 7.

Of course, I'm sure some it has to do with having a fresh install of
Windows, vs one that's accumulated crud for years.