From: Theodore B Bowen II on
I have an advent Q328A that I bought from best buy about in 2003. I have had
it sitting in my spare bed room since early 2004. Now I try and plug it up
to use it and I get a high pitched squeal. Any ideas what might be causing
this? It is not effect by the volume, or unplugging the video/sound cable.
It takes about 2 minutes before it starts and turns off when I turn the tv
off

From: b on

Theodore B Bowen II wrote:
> I have an advent Q328A that I bought from best buy about in 2003. I have had
> it sitting in my spare bed room since early 2004. Now I try and plug it up
> to use it and I get a high pitched squeal. Any ideas what might be causing
> this? It is not effect by the volume, or unplugging the video/sound cable.
> It takes about 2 minutes before it starts and turns off when I turn the tv
> off

short in horizontal deflection or one output of the psu or
flyback/LOPTX ...who knows? get it to a tech if unsure.
-Ben

From: Tom MacIntyre on
On 28 Jun 2005 16:30:12 -0700, "b" <reverend_rogers(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Theodore B Bowen II wrote:
>> I have an advent Q328A that I bought from best buy about in 2003. I have had
>> it sitting in my spare bed room since early 2004. Now I try and plug it up
>> to use it and I get a high pitched squeal. Any ideas what might be causing
>> this? It is not effect by the volume, or unplugging the video/sound cable.
>> It takes about 2 minutes before it starts and turns off when I turn the tv
>> off
>
>short in horizontal deflection or one output of the psu or
>flyback/LOPTX ...who knows? get it to a tech if unsure.
>-Ben

No, it sounds like the TV works still...likely 15.734 KHz squeal from
the horizontal section is my guess. Possibly the yoke is "singing" a
bit?

Tom
From: b on

Tom MacIntyre wrote:
> On 28 Jun 2005 16:30:12 -0700, "b" <reverend_rogers(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >Theodore B Bowen II wrote:
> >> I have an advent Q328A that I bought from best buy about in 2003. I have had
> >> it sitting in my spare bed room since early 2004. Now I try and plug it up
> >> to use it and I get a high pitched squeal. Any ideas what might be causing
> >> this? It is not effect by the volume, or unplugging the video/sound cable.
> >> It takes about 2 minutes before it starts and turns off when I turn the tv
> >> off
> >
> >short in horizontal deflection or one output of the psu or
> >flyback/LOPTX ...who knows? get it to a tech if unsure.
> >-Ben
>
> No, it sounds like the TV works still...likely 15.734 KHz squeal from
> the horizontal section is my guess. Possibly the yoke is "singing" a
> bit?
>
> Tom

Ah, hadnt thought of that. If the set is Ok, it is probaly something
vibrating in sympathy with the horizontal frequency - some coil with a
loose core near the LOPTX, say.

From: Inty on

"b" <reverend_rogers(a)yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Ah, hadnt thought of that. If the set is Ok, it is probaly something
> vibrating in sympathy with the horizontal frequency - some coil with a
> loose core near the LOPTX, say.

Or something is self-oscillating because there's excessive rust... or
something damaged by heat or humidity.

I.