From: Paul W Smith on
http://www.jcdarts.co.uk/History.aspx

As anyone who looks at the code for the above page will see the code is
about 3700 line long.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can split the code into several
pages.

I have had the idea of holding each year (or season) on a separate HTML
pages each held in a iFrame control on each page of the outer TabContainer.

Paul Smith

(Apologies if this is the wrong group to post this to)

From: Mike Lovell on
> http://www.jcdarts.co.uk/History.aspx
>
> As anyone who looks at the code for the above page will see the code is
> about 3700 line long.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can split the code into several
> pages.
>
> I have had the idea of holding each year (or season) on a separate HTML
> pages each held in a iFrame control on each page of the outer
> TabContainer.
>
> Paul Smith
>
> (Apologies if this is the wrong group to post this to)

AJAX and databinding would cut that down.

--
Mike
GoTinker, C# Blog

From: Gregory A. Beamer on
"Paul W Smith" <pws(a)NOSPAM.twelve.me.uk> wrote in message
> http://www.jcdarts.co.uk/History.aspx
>
> As anyone who looks at the code for the above page will see the code is
> about 3700 line long.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can split the code into several
> pages.
>
> I have had the idea of holding each year (or season) on a separate HTML
> pages each held in a iFrame control on each page of the outer
> TabContainer.
>
> Paul Smith
>
> (Apologies if this is the wrong group to post this to)

Databinding and paging come to mind. Right now, it looks like you are only
showing a small portion of the data on screen. I did not look at source, so
I assume (based on the timing of the post) you are spitting everything out
but the div is constrained. Adopting a data bind with paging support will
allow you to show pages of information. Mike's suggestion of "repainting"
the next page using AJAX works nicely, as it gives the appearance of being
more fluid, but it is not mandatory to solve the problem.

--
Peace and Grace,
Greg

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Mar 21, 6:59 pm, "Paul W Smith" <p...(a)NOSPAM.twelve.me.uk> wrote:
> http://www.jcdarts.co.uk/History.aspx
>
> As anyone who looks at the code for the above page will see the code is
> about 3700 line long.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can split the code into several
> pages.
>
> I have had the idea of holding each year (or season) on a separate HTML
> pages each held in a iFrame control on each page of the outer TabContainer.
>
> Paul Smith
>
> (Apologies if this is the wrong group to post this to)

If you don't want to have a refresh, use Ajax
If refresh is not a problem, do it in the regular ASP.NET way with
postbacks for every part of the page
From: Andy O'Neill on

"Paul W Smith" <pws(a)NOSPAM.twelve.me.uk> wrote in message
> http://www.jcdarts.co.uk/History.aspx
>
> As anyone who looks at the code for the above page will see the code is
> about 3700 line long.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can split the code into several
> pages.
>
> I have had the idea of holding each year (or season) on a separate HTML
> pages each held in a iFrame control on each page of the outer
> TabContainer.
>
> Paul Smith
>
> (Apologies if this is the wrong group to post this to)

I think that's the simplest.
I would maybe try and do it with one iFrame.
Make a separate aspx page for each tab.
When the page initially loads, chuck the default child page in the iframe.
Make clicking on each tab postback.
Put the appropriate page into the iFrame on postback page load.
Everything is split out separate and the IO from web to database is reduced.