From: Huang on

> > > Wave-Particle Duality is explained. The moving particle creates a displacement wave in the substance of space. >
> >< So - why do interference patterns disappear after you ask "which way"??
>
> What happened to the displacement wave ? Where did it go?
> Asking "which way" seems to destroy the interference pattern, and
> therefore the waves. Why would that happen?
> I have an explanation, but I don't think that you read it. >
>
> Please post it; and do so under a new posting. (This one is getting
> so long that it's a nuisance to wait for the "newer" bunches of 25
> each to get to the one(s) worth reading.)

"Aether Displacement Rebuttal"

mpc755 tried to explain WP Duality in terms of aether waves, but
cannot explain what happens to the wave when we ask "which way" and
interference patterns diasppear. Where did the wave go ?

The answer to this problem is that space is neither continuous nor
discrete, but indeterminately either one or the other. It is
indeterminate whether it is continuous or discrete.

How can that be ? Consider 2 lengths A and B. A is existent, B is
nonexistent.
Let A be eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Let B be nnnnnnnnnn

If you compose them into a single length, there is no way to know
where the nnnnnnnnnn is located. It's position is indeterminate. You
can rearrange things so that the composition of A and B is either
continuous or discrete, and because nnnnnnnnnn is nonexistent the
distinction between continuity and discreteness becomes trivial.

We must assume that particles are composed of bent space - just like
gravity in GR. Then, it becomes very obvious why the WP Duality is
perfectly sensible.

If one asks "which way" in a given context, then nature returns an
answer in the format that you had requested - it is discretized. If
you dont ask which way, then space will be forced to behave as if
continuous and you will observe interference patterns.

But the only way to make LENGTH behave that way is by composing the
existent with the nonexistent. Length cannot be made to behave that
way by any other means (that I am aware of).

From: mpc755 on
On Dec 13, 8:21 pm, Huang <huangxienc...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Aether Displacement Rebuttal"
>
> mpc755 tried to explain WP Duality in terms of aether waves, but
> cannot explain what happens to the wave when we ask "which way" and
> interference patterns diasppear. Where did the wave go ?

I have been explaining how the interference pattern disappears.

Asking 'which way' is the same thing as physically detecting the
particle. In the boat in a double slit experiment, in order to detect
the boat, buoys are placed at the exits to the slits. The boats bow
wave is its displacement wave in the water. The bow wave enters and
exits both slits. The buoys destroy the coherence of the bow waves as
they exit the slits (decoherence). The bow waves are turned into chop.
Since the coherence of the bow waves have been destroyed and turned
into chop, they do not create interference and do not alter the
direction the boat travels.

This is what is occurring to the displacement wave the C-60 molecule
creates in the substance of space. Detecting the C-60 molecule
destroys the coherence (decoherence) of the displacement wave (it is
turned into 'chop') and the direction the C-60 molecules travels is
not altered.
From: Huang on
On Dec 13, 7:39 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 8:21 pm, Huang <huangxienc...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > "Aether Displacement Rebuttal"
>
> > mpc755 tried to explain WP Duality in terms of aether waves, but
> > cannot explain what happens to the wave when we ask "which way" and
> > interference patterns diasppear. Where did the wave go ?
>
> I have been explaining how the interference pattern disappears.
>
> Asking 'which way' is the same thing as physically detecting the
> particle. In the boat in a double slit experiment, in order to detect
> the boat, buoys are placed at the exits to the slits. The boats bow
> wave is its displacement wave in the water. The bow wave enters and
> exits both slits. The buoys destroy the coherence of the bow waves as
> they exit the slits (decoherence). The bow waves are turned into chop.
> Since the coherence of the bow waves have been destroyed and turned
> into chop, they do not create interference and do not alter the
> direction the boat travels.
>
> This is what is occurring to the displacement wave the C-60 molecule
> creates in the substance of space. Detecting the C-60 molecule
> destroys the coherence (decoherence) of the displacement wave (it is
> turned into 'chop') and the direction the C-60 molecules travels is
> not altered.

You need to study the experiment again. They can detect "which way"
without altering the particle.

From: BURT on
On Dec 13, 5:48 pm, Huang <huangxienc...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 7:39 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 13, 8:21 pm, Huang <huangxienc...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > "Aether Displacement Rebuttal"
>
> > > mpc755 tried to explain WP Duality in terms of aether waves, but
> > > cannot explain what happens to the wave when we ask "which way" and
> > > interference patterns diasppear. Where did the wave go ?
>
> > I have been explaining how the interference pattern disappears.
>
> > Asking 'which way' is the same thing as physically detecting the
> > particle. In the boat in a double slit experiment, in order to detect
> > the boat, buoys are placed at the exits to the slits. The boats bow
> > wave is its displacement wave in the water. The bow wave enters and
> > exits both slits. The buoys destroy the coherence of the bow waves as
> > they exit the slits (decoherence). The bow waves are turned into chop.
> > Since the coherence of the bow waves have been destroyed and turned
> > into chop, they do not create interference and do not alter the
> > direction the boat travels.
>
> > This is what is occurring to the displacement wave the C-60 molecule
> > creates in the substance of space. Detecting the C-60 molecule
> > destroys the coherence (decoherence) of the displacement wave (it is
> > turned into 'chop') and the direction the C-60 molecules travels is
> > not altered.
>
> You need to study the experiment again. They can detect "which way"
> without altering the particle.- Hide quoted text -

Everybody here is speculating on phenomeonon as if they know and it is
not true.

Mitch Raemsch
From: mpc755 on
On Dec 13, 8:48 pm, Huang <huangxienc...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 7:39 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 13, 8:21 pm, Huang <huangxienc...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > "Aether Displacement Rebuttal"
>
> > > mpc755 tried to explain WP Duality in terms of aether waves, but
> > > cannot explain what happens to the wave when we ask "which way" and
> > > interference patterns diasppear. Where did the wave go ?
>
> > I have been explaining how the interference pattern disappears.
>
> > Asking 'which way' is the same thing as physically detecting the
> > particle. In the boat in a double slit experiment, in order to detect
> > the boat, buoys are placed at the exits to the slits. The boats bow
> > wave is its displacement wave in the water. The bow wave enters and
> > exits both slits. The buoys destroy the coherence of the bow waves as
> > they exit the slits (decoherence). The bow waves are turned into chop.
> > Since the coherence of the bow waves have been destroyed and turned
> > into chop, they do not create interference and do not alter the
> > direction the boat travels.
>
> > This is what is occurring to the displacement wave the C-60 molecule
> > creates in the substance of space. Detecting the C-60 molecule
> > destroys the coherence (decoherence) of the displacement wave (it is
> > turned into 'chop') and the direction the C-60 molecules travels is
> > not altered.
>
> You need to study the experiment again. They can detect "which way"
> without altering the particle.

No, that's what they think is occurring because they do not realize
the act of detection is causing the displacement wave to be turned
into chop. They are mistaking turning the displacement wave into chop
into 'collapsing the wave function associated with the particle'. What
they are mistaking for 'collapsing the wave function' is really the
destruction of the coherence (decoherence) of the physical waves in
the aether. The displacement waves in the substance of space are
turned into chop and this allows the C-60 molecule to continue on in
its path. If you place buoys at the exits to the slits and turn the
bow wave into chop, the boat will continue on and be detected where
you would expect it to if it there were only a single slit for the
boat and its bow wave. This would be mistaken as not altering the boat.