From: zyus on
Thanks John,

I missed one points during my earlier explaination. The data that i imported
every month has a month end position which is month & year (dated 31st).

Can the month end date be used to calculate the date.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sun, 16 May 2010 17:35:01 -0700, zyus <zyus(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thanks John,
>
>I missed one points during my earlier explaination. The data that i imported
>every month has a month end position which is month & year (dated 31st).
>
>Can the month end date be used to calculate the date.

To within a month, yes.

To within a day, no.

This is not an Access issue, it's an issue of logic.

If all you know is that my birthday occurs during the month of May, on an
unspecified date, it is logically IMPOSSIBLE to determine my age today. You
can determine my age on the 1st (the younger age of the two possibilities);
you can determine my age on the 31st (the older). For any other date you
simply don't have enough information to do so.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: zyus on
Hi John,

Sorry, i've missed out one important info, the data that i imported every
month has a month end date position, say April data the monthenddt is
30-04-2010. Is there any possibility to calculate age at approval

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 17 May 2010 17:43:01 -0700, zyus <zyus(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>Sorry, i've missed out one important info, the data that i imported every
>month has a month end date position, say April data the monthenddt is
>30-04-2010. Is there any possibility to calculate age at approval

I don't know how I can say it any clearer, Zyus.

NO, THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY TO CALCULATE THE AGE AT APPROVAL.

Sorry for shouting, but it's just not getting through.

Again, just in case I'm misunderstanding:

Suppose my age as of April 1 were 63, and my age as of May 1 were 64.

The data of approval is April 15.

You *cannot determine my age on that date*. It might be 63 (if my birthday
comes on or after the 15th), or it might be 64 (if my birthday comes earlier).

The best you can do is to plus or minus one year. If that's good enough, then
sure. If it's not, then you simply do not have enough information.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
First  |  Prev  |