From: Jonathan Hayward on
A proof of concept, "Ajax Without JavaScript or Client-Side
Scripting", has been released at:

http://JonathansCorner.com/ajax/

Jonathan Hayward, a Senior Web Developer who cares about usability
www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhayward • jonathan.hayward(a)pobox.com
Ajax, CGI, CMS, CSS, HTML, IA, JSON, JavaScript, LAMP, Linux, Perl,
PHP, Python, UI, Unix, Usability, UX, XHTML, XML
With a good interest in the human side of computing and making
software and websites a joy to use
From: rf on

"Jonathan Hayward" <christos.jonathan.hayward(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
A proof of concept, "Ajax Without JavaScript or Client-Side
Scripting", has been released at:

http://JonathansCorner.com/ajax/

An iframe containing a frameset? Not Ajax at all.

And how can something whose acronym expands to Asynchronous *Javascript* and
XML possibly be called Ajax if it does not use *Javascript*?

From: Gregor Kofler on
Am 2010-04-24 03:38, Jonathan Hayward meinte:
> A proof of concept, "Ajax Without JavaScript or Client-Side
> Scripting", has been released at:
>
> http://JonathansCorner.com/ajax/

Hooray! You discovered framesets. And the relatedness to JS (or "AJAX")
is what?

> Jonathan Hayward, a Senior Web Developer who cares about usability
> www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhayward � jonathan.hayward(a)pobox.com
> Ajax, CGI, CMS, CSS, HTML, IA, JSON, JavaScript, LAMP, Linux, Perl,
> PHP, Python, UI, Unix, Usability, UX, XHTML, XML
> With a good interest in the human side of computing and making
> software and websites a joy to use

Is this supposed to be a signature? And from a "senior web developer"
and "usability expert" I'd expect a /somewhat/ decent looking webpage,
and preferrably a validating one.

Considering your crossposting - I assume you are just spamming.

x-post cancelled.

Gregor

--
http://www.gregorkofler.com
From: Doug Gunnoe on
On Apr 24, 3:33 am, Gregor Kofler <use...(a)gregorkofler.com> wrote:

> Considering your crossposting - I assume you are just spamming.

Apparently. I just read this same thing on slashdot. It got some
heckling and chuckles there too.

From: Chris Davies on
In comp.infosystems.www.authoring.site-design rf <rf(a)z.invalid> wrote:
> And how can something whose acronym expands to Asynchronous *Javascript* and
> XML possibly be called Ajax if it does not use *Javascript*?

Presumably in the same way that one can have AJAX calls returning JSON.
Chris