From: Lyndy on
Hi Albert,
I am a new user to access and have created my first database.
I have downloaded and am using your single word merge. I am having problem
now with hyperlink merge fields as they are displayed as an address and not a
hyperlink.
I would also like to know how I can merge more than 1 record to a single
word document. I have based my form on a query with multiple tables, but when
the form is merged only the first record in the query is displayed!
Many Thanks.

--
Lyndy
From: Albert D. Kallal on
"Lyndy" <Lyndy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi Albert,
> I am a new user to access and have created my first database.
> I have downloaded and am using your single word merge. I am having problem
> now with hyperlink merge fields as they are displayed as an address and
> not a
> hyperlink.
> I would also like to know how I can merge more than 1 record to a single
> word document. I have based my form on a query with multiple tables, but
> when
> the form is merged only the first record in the query is displayed!
> Many Thanks.
>
> --
> Lyndy

Hyperlinks don't export to word (at last to my knowledge).

The setup is defaulted to merge ONLY the current record you are viewing.
However, you can build any query or sql and use that for the merge.

In the sample download, take a look at the code behind the merge all reocrds
button on the form.

So, you can do a merge and it does not even have to be based on the current
form's data at all. the code behind the button will look like:

dim strSql as string
strSql = "select * from tblCustomers where City = 'Edmonton'"
MergeAllWord strSql

So, you can use MergeAllWord command in place of MergeSingleWord. So, you
can supply this with the name of a query you build. That query MUST be free
of prompts when it runs.

This also would work:
MergeAllWord "select * from NameOfYourQueryGoesHere"

More options are outlined here:
http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/wordmerge/page2.html

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

From: Lyndy on
Hi Albert,
Thanks for this I managed to work a plan with the hyperlinks in the word
template which adds a little more time but works well.
Thank you for the info on the MergeAll all working well now thank you again
you have been very helpful.
--
Lyndy

"Albert D. Kallal" wrote:

> "Lyndy" <Lyndy(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Hi Albert,
> > I am a new user to access and have created my first database.
> > I have downloaded and am using your single word merge. I am having problem
> > now with hyperlink merge fields as they are displayed as an address and
> > not a
> > hyperlink.
> > I would also like to know how I can merge more than 1 record to a single
> > word document. I have based my form on a query with multiple tables, but
> > when
> > the form is merged only the first record in the query is displayed!
> > Many Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Lyndy
>
> Hyperlinks don't export to word (at last to my knowledge).
>
> The setup is defaulted to merge ONLY the current record you are viewing.
> However, you can build any query or sql and use that for the merge.
>
> In the sample download, take a look at the code behind the merge all reocrds
> button on the form.
>
> So, you can do a merge and it does not even have to be based on the current
> form's data at all. the code behind the button will look like:
>
> dim strSql as string
> strSql = "select * from tblCustomers where City = 'Edmonton'"
> MergeAllWord strSql
>
> So, you can use MergeAllWord command in place of MergeSingleWord. So, you
> can supply this with the name of a query you build. That query MUST be free
> of prompts when it runs.
>
> This also would work:
> MergeAllWord "select * from NameOfYourQueryGoesHere"
>
> More options are outlined here:
> http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/wordmerge/page2.html
>
> --
> Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)