From: Jpleasant on
How would you solve a function with input 1 output 8.

Then input 2 output 14.

then input is blank Output is 24.

the input is blank and the out put is 28.

Finally, the input is 6 and the output is blank.
From: Tom-S on
It occurred to me that if you assume the input blanks are 4 and 5, then you
could use the Add Trendline option within Excel charts to show you what the
potential functions could be.

Try plotting x: 1, 2, (blank cell), 4, 5 against y: 8, 14, (blank cell), 24,
28

Use an x-y scatter chart and, when plotted, right click on a data point and
select Add Trendline. On the Type tab, I'd try selecting Polynomial (order at
least 2). On the Options tab click Display equation on chart.

Hopefully you will have some idea from the maths related work you're doing
which type of function you should be looking for (polynomial, exponential,
power etc) and if polynomial then the order of polynomial you are typically
working with (quadratic, cubic etc).

Regards,

Tom

From: Tom-S on