From: Rui Francisco on
Hi,

We have postfix installed with virtual addresses. Due to the fact that
is not possible to postfix to process .forward files with the current
MDA, i would like to know if somebody knows what are the alternatives to
allow this

Thank you
Rui

--
Rui Francisco - blackmolly(a)gmail.com
S�o Jo�o dos Montes - Portugal

From: /dev/rob0 on
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:42:40PM +0100, Rui Francisco wrote:
> We have postfix installed with virtual addresses. Due to the fact
> that is not possible to postfix to process .forward files with the
> current MDA, i would like to know if somebody knows what are the
> alternatives to allow this

If you need the features of the local(8) delivery agent, virtual(8)
mailboxes were not a good choice for you. You could convert to system
accounts, or depending on the specific need for the .forward files,
perhaps come up with numerous workarounds. No, I don't think any of
the third-party delivery agents directly support .forward files.

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:56:53PM -0500, /dev/rob0 wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:42:40PM +0100, Rui Francisco wrote:
> > We have postfix installed with virtual addresses. Due to the fact
> > that is not possible to postfix to process .forward files with the
> > current MDA, i would like to know if somebody knows what are the
> > alternatives to allow this
>
> If you need the features of the local(8) delivery agent, virtual(8)
> mailboxes were not a good choice for you. You could convert to system
> accounts, or depending on the specific need for the .forward files,
> perhaps come up with numerous workarounds. No, I don't think any of
> the third-party delivery agents directly support .forward files.

Courier maildrop supports virtual users, but has a feature-set that is
approximately as rich as local(8). While .forward file syntax may not
be supported, functionally equivalent features are IIRC.

--
Viktor.