From: André Hänsel on
Hi,

I have a problem with an A with display:block not taking all the width
in Internet Explorer. The problem can be seen on http://kundenweb.creations..de/usenet/menu/
in the flyout navigation.

I could put a DIV into that A, but I regard that as a dirty method. Is
there a better alternative?

Regards,
André
From: Jeff Thies on
Andr� H�nsel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with an A with display:block not taking all the width
> in Internet Explorer. The problem can be seen on http://kundenweb.creations.de/usenet/menu/
> in the flyout navigation.

Caveats on padding and margins, but can you not just explicitly set a
width?

Jeff

From: André Hänsel on
Jeff Thies wrote:
> André Hänsel wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I have a problem with an A with display:block not taking all the width
> > in Internet Explorer. The problem can be seen onhttp://kundenweb.creations.de/usenet/menu/
> > in the flyout navigation.
>
> but can you not just explicitly set a width?

I tried to set width: 100% but there were
> Caveats on padding and margins,
;-)

In Firefox there were grey boxes protruding from the menu items. In IE
there was no effect at all.
From: dorayme on
In article
<3b6b7754-b2be-42fe-84d2-47bc06677f13(a)u22g2000yqf.googlegroups.co
m>,
André Hänsel <andre(a)webkr.de> wrote:

> Jeff Thies wrote:
> > André Hänsel wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > > I have a problem with an A with display:block not taking all the width
> > > in Internet Explorer. The problem can be seen
> > > on http://kundenweb.creations.de/usenet/menu/
> > > in the flyout navigation.
> >
> > but can you not just explicitly set a width?
>
> I tried to set width: 100% but there were
> > Caveats on padding and margins,
> ;-)
>
> In Firefox there were grey boxes protruding from the menu items. In IE
> there was no effect at all.

There are many validation errors in the HTML for the url you
give, perhaps you might either fix these first (or ask how to fix
them) before going into this particular problem you are seeing.

--
dorayme
From: André Hänsel on
dorayme wrote:
> In article
> <3b6b7754-b2be-42fe-84d2-47bc06677...(a)u22g2000yqf.googlegroups.co
> m>,
>  André Hänsel <an...(a)webkr.de> wrote:
>

> > Jeff Thies wrote:

> > > but can you not just explicitly set a width?
>
> > I tried to set width: 100% but there were
> > > Caveats on padding and margins,
> > ;-)
>
> > In Firefox there were grey boxes protruding from the menu items. In IE
> > there was no effect at all.
>
> There are many validation errors in the HTML for the url you
> give, perhaps you might either fix these first (or ask how to fix
> them) before going into this particular problem you are seeing.

Sorry, although they were all uncritical (eg. empty-element tags
without slash) you're right, I fixed them.