From: David H on
I've been using DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec in several places of an Access
2003 mdb file to move to the new record on a form. Now that I'm upsizing to
an ADP/SQL Server configuration, I'm guessing that the command isn't
available as I keep getting 'You cannot move to the specified record.'

So how would I programmically move to a new record to allow the user to
create one?

From: Larry Linson on

"David H" <DavidH(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> I've been using DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec in
> several places of an Access 2003 mdb file to move to
> the new record on a form. Now that I'm upsizing to
> an ADP/SQL Server configuration, I'm guessing that
> the command isn't available as I keep getting 'You
> cannot move to the specified record.'

Just as a matter of interest, now that the Access product group no longer
recommends ADP as the method of choice for accessing an SQL Server back end,
but instead suggests you use ODBC to link to the SQL Server tables in the
back end and that approach will lead to fewer required changes in your
existing database, why would you want to move to ADP?

The advice has changed since the Access 2003 upsizing wizard was created,
but they didn't change the upsizing wizard to match.

Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP

From: De Jager on