From: John Smith on
I'm using a skinning component which causes the default showSave dialog
to appear misaligned and discolored (nothing I can do other than to stop
working with the component).

Is there a different way to show a standard "save as" dialog box? Maybe
something without the search bar etc.?

Thank you
From: MikeD on

"John Smith" <spam(a)not-a-real-domain-name.com> wrote in message
> I'm using a skinning component which causes the default showSave dialog to
> appear misaligned and discolored (nothing I can do other than to stop
> working with the component).
>
> Is there a different way to show a standard "save as" dialog box? Maybe
> something without the search bar etc.?

Well, since you didn't tell us how you're currently showing it, how are we
to know what would be different?

However, my guess would be that regardless of any method you use to show the
built-in common dialog, you'll have the same problem. You'll probably need
to roll your own dialog box for this in order for it to use the skin.

--
Mike

From: John Smith on
MikeD wrote:

> "John Smith" <spam(a)not-a-real-domain-name.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using a skinning component which causes the default showSave
>> dialog to appear misaligned and discolored (nothing I can do other
>> than to stop working with the component).
>>
>> Is there a different way to show a standard "save as" dialog box?
>> Maybe something without the search bar etc.?
>>

> Well, since you didn't tell us how you're currently showing it, how are
> we to know what would be different?
>
> However, my guess would be that regardless of any method you use to show
> the built-in common dialog, you'll have the same problem. You'll
> probably need to roll your own dialog box for this in order for it to
> use the skin.

I'm using:
CommonDialog1.ShowSave

I thought I found a different way several years ago. If I'm able drag a
control or something onto a form I won't have the same issue I'm having
with Common Dialog (my skinning component works fine with regular forms).

I guess I will look around for an alternative control.

Thank you

From: Mike S on
On 6/14/2010 3:42 PM, John Smith wrote:

> MikeD wrote:
>>

>> "John Smith" <spam(a)not-a-real-domain-name.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm using a skinning component which causes the default showSave
>>> dialog to appear misaligned and discolored (nothing I can do other
>>> than to stop working with the component).
>>>
>>> Is there a different way to show a standard "save as" dialog box?
>>> Maybe something without the search bar etc.?
>>>

>> Well, since you didn't tell us how you're currently showing it, how
>> are we to know what would be different?
>>
>> However, my guess would be that regardless of any method you use to
>> show the built-in common dialog, you'll have the same problem. You'll
>> probably need to roll your own dialog box for this in order for it to
>> use the skin.
>>

> I'm using:
> CommonDialog1.ShowSave
>
> I thought I found a different way several years ago. If I'm able drag a
> control or something onto a form I won't have the same issue I'm having
> with Common Dialog (my skinning component works fine with regular forms).
>
> I guess I will look around for an alternative control.
> Thank you

http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/comdlg/filesavedlg.htm

http://planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=58272&lngWId=1

Mike
From: John Smith on
Mike S wrote:
> On 6/14/2010 3:42 PM, John Smith wrote:
>>
>> MikeD wrote:
>>>

>>> "John Smith" <spam(a)not-a-real-domain-name.com> wrote in message

>>> Well, since you didn't tell us how you're currently showing it, how
>>> are we to know what would be different?
>>>
>>> However, my guess would be that regardless of any method you use to
>>> show the built-in common dialog, you'll have the same problem. You'll
>>> probably need to roll your own dialog box for this in order for it to
>>> use the skin.
>>>

>> I'm using:
>> CommonDialog1.ShowSave
>>
>> I thought I found a different way several years ago. If I'm able drag a
>> control or something onto a form I won't have the same issue I'm having
>> with Common Dialog (my skinning component works fine with regular forms).
>>
>> I guess I will look around for an alternative control.
>> Thank you
>
> http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/comdlg/filesavedlg.htm
>
> http://planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=58272&lngWId=1
>

> Mike

I looked at the links, it looks like they are all using API calls to
open the same dialog as saveAs. I wonder if it's possible to create a
simple 'save as' dialog like this one:

http://imgur.com/O6JZf.jpg