From: Andy Venikov on
Anthony Williams wrote:
> Andy Venikov <swojchelowek(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Anthony Williams wrote:

>>> std::atomic<> is available now for some platforms: my just::thread C++0x
>>> thread library provides std::atomic<> for MSVC 2008, MSVC2010 on Windows
>>> and g++4.3, g++4.4 on Ubuntu linux.
>>>
>>> http://www.stdthread.co.uk
>
>> I wasn't aware that atomic<> was available in g++4.3
>> Scott Meyers' c++0x page lists 4.4 as the first version to support it.
>> I'll post a message in his thread about it.
>
>> P.S. gcc's page lists atomics as not supported in either of the versions.
>
> std::atomic<> is not shipped with either g++ 4.3 or g++ 4.4. As I stated
> above, just::thread provides an implementation for the listed
> compilers. This is a commercial library, available from
> http://www.stdthread.co.uk
>
> Anthony

Sorry, I misread your statement as you providing your implementation to gcc.

BTW, gcc does have c++0x atomics support starting with 4.4
But I guess, since it's not documented, it's really very experimental.

Andy.

From: Anthony Williams on
Andy Venikov <swojchelowek(a)gmail.com> writes:

> BTW, gcc does have c++0x atomics support starting with 4.4
> But I guess, since it's not documented, it's really very experimental.

Wow, I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Anthony
--
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/
just::thread C++0x thread library http://www.stdthread.co.uk