From: Neil Cerutti on
A quick web search yielded no current support for the ODBC
interface for Python 3.

I'd like to get a simple "tracer bullet" up and running ASAP. I
need to connect to an MSSQL database from Windows XP/2000, using
an ODBC interface.

Is this a case where I'll need to go back to Python 2.6?

--
Neil Cerutti
From: Tim Golden on
On 21/07/2010 2:15 PM, Neil Cerutti wrote:
> A quick web search yielded no current support for the ODBC
> interface for Python 3.
>
> I'd like to get a simple "tracer bullet" up and running ASAP. I
> need to connect to an MSSQL database from Windows XP/2000, using
> an ODBC interface.
>
> Is this a case where I'll need to go back to Python 2.6?

pyodbc has a branch which supports Py3k. I've installed it and
it worked ok. Can't get hold of the web at the moment, but I'm
sure you'll be able to find it.

TJG
From: Neil Cerutti on
On 2010-07-21, Tim Golden <mail(a)timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
> On 21/07/2010 2:15 PM, Neil Cerutti wrote:
>> A quick web search yielded no current support for the ODBC
>> interface for Python 3.
>>
>> I'd like to get a simple "tracer bullet" up and running ASAP. I
>> need to connect to an MSSQL database from Windows XP/2000, using
>> an ODBC interface.
>>
>> Is this a case where I'll need to go back to Python 2.6?
>
> pyodbc has a branch which supports Py3k. I've installed it and
> it worked ok. Can't get hold of the web at the moment, but I'm
> sure you'll be able to find it.

Thanks, Tim.

I did see that support for pyodbc for Python 3 was really close
to being released.

There's odbc support using pywin32's odbc module as well, which
should be more than sufficient. My web search skillz apparently
were not up to snuff this morning.

--
Neil Cerutti