From: Tim Williams on
"Winfield Hill" <Winfield_member(a)newsguy.com> wrote in message
> With your explanation, the oscillator is much more attractive.
> Some folks can't stomach magnetics, perhaps that's part of the
> criticism. Anyway, ignore JF and JT when they get bitchy, it
> must be something they ate, or is age catching up with 'em?
>
> Our old friend, Tony Williams, R.I.P., would have been pleased.
<snip>

Hey Win,

Have you looked at blocking oscillators? I've gotten pretty good at keeping
them oscillating, which seems to be the first trouble with them. Meanwhile,
delivering substantial power output with high regulation from just a couple
active components. :)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.