From: tedd on
Hi gang:

Here's my first NetBeans question:

How do you turn off the automatic insertion of quotes when you're editing?

For example, when I type <div id="content">, I end up with <div
id=""content">. The editor see's me type a quote and then
automatically inserts another quote.

I've reviewed all the preferences and don't see a place where I can
turn that off.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------
http://sperling.com http://ancientstones.com http://earthstones.com
From: Dan Joseph on
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:25 AM, tedd <tedd(a)sperling.com> wrote:

> How do you turn off the automatic insertion of quotes when you're editing?
>
> For example, when I type <div id="content">, I end up with <div
> id=""content">. The editor see's me type a quote and then automatically
> inserts another quote.

I can't find where to turn it off either, but I did notice when you type
something like that, when you type in the content in the " ", when you type
the last ", it overwrites the end quote, so you don't end up with two.
phped works this way too. Helps me at least.

--
-Dan Joseph

www.canishosting.com - Unlimited Hosting Plans start @ $3.95/month. Promo
Code "NEWTHINGS" for 10% off initial order

http://www.facebook.com/canishosting
http://www.facebook.com/originalpoetry