From: create_share on
Hi!

We have one Exchange 2007. Antispam filters are enabled and zen.spamhaus.org
is configured as IP Block list provider but still we are receiving spam
e-mails.

How can we check if the Antispam filters and RBL are working properly?

Thanks!
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Fri, 14 May 2010 05:27:01 -0700, create_share
<createshare(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have one Exchange 2007. Antispam filters are enabled and zen.spamhaus.org
>is configured as IP Block list provider but still we are receiving spam
>e-mails.
>
>How can we check if the Antispam filters and RBL are working properly?

Check the agent log.

Also, in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Scripts"
there are severl powershell scripts that will help you. They're named
get-Antispam*.ps1

You should also understand that a DNSBL is not a spam filter, it's a
connection filter. It doesn't check the contents of a message, it only
deals with the IP address.

The content filter provided with Exchange 2007 is fairly effective,
but it's pretty inflexible. If you're getting more spam than you lie
you can adjust the SCL levels. If you're blocking good e-mail you can
relax the SCL levels. You can also try (and I'm not kidding when I say
"try") to manage some of the spam yourself by keeping a keyword file
updated -- but that's usually a Sisyphean task.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: create_share on
Thanks for your help. I found the problem. After running get-antispamupdates
i got the result "Disabled" but in EMC is was showing Antispam updates
Enabled. I disabled it from EMC and Re-enabled it and then ran
get-antispamupdates again. Now it is Automatic.

Thanks!