From: Neil Rutman on
My GR-33 / GK-2A combo just aint cuttin for some time now. I used to be able
to get some nice tracks out of it but lately the connections are looser and
much more sensitive and I can hardly play a few measures without an annoying
mess.

I know the holy grail is Ztar but have never used one nor do I know anyone
who has one. I've read about it and seen some youtubbe vids but would really
like some 1st hand info on this or any other alternative for midi guitar
controller. For the short term I gonna upgrade to a GK-3 and see if I get
any improvement but this is important enough part of my production needs and
should really get a really good controller to make my life easier and save
time.

Neil R

From: eric weasel on
I have always felt that the GK-2A was a lousy piece of equipment
(probably rooted in my own ham-handedness and lack of skill). I much
prefer something that utilizes piezo pickups in the bridge.

I have a Parker P-38 that came with Fishman piezos in the bridge. I had
a local luthier add an interface for the RMC Polydrive. Much, much
easier to navigate. You might want to consider something that comes
with a Graphtech ghost system installed or any one of the offering from
Godin that include synth controls (anything with SA in the name). I'm
not sure if Godin is still using RMC products of if they've switched to
Graphtech. In any case, either solution is cheaper than most of the
Ztar options.

eric

From: Neil Rutman on
Thanks Eric. I'll start researching those options!

Neil R

From: Neil Rutman on
Just found a slightly used Godin XTSA on Amazon Marketplace for the ungodly
price of $425!! Hopefully it's the real deal!

Neil R