From: Robert Riches on
Does anyone have a good example .fvwm2rc file that mimics twm?

(Google didn't find anything that appeared to be useful.)

Thanks.

--
Robert Riches
spamtrap42(a)verizon.net
From: J G Miller on
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 03:49:55 +0000, Robert Riches asked:

> Does anyone have a good example .fvwm2rc file that mimics twm?
>
> (Google didn't find anything that appeared to be useful.)

Using the search terms

fvwm emulation twm

<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=fvwm%20emulation%
20of%20twm&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>

returns as the first item

<http://xwinman.org/rc/fvwmrc-thomas>

an fvwmrc titled "THE TWM LOOKALIKE FVWM".
From: despen on
J G Miller <miller(a)yoyo.ORG> writes:

> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 03:49:55 +0000, Robert Riches asked:
>
>> Does anyone have a good example .fvwm2rc file that mimics twm?
>>
>> (Google didn't find anything that appeared to be useful.)
>
> Using the search terms
>
> fvwm emulation twm
>
> <http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=fvwm%20emulation%
> 20of%20twm&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
>
> returns as the first item
>
> <http://xwinman.org/rc/fvwmrc-thomas>
>
> an fvwmrc titled "THE TWM LOOKALIKE FVWM".

CAUTION! That config file is for Fvwm1 which is completely
unsupported and should not be used.
From: despen on
Robert Riches <spamtrap42(a)verizon.net> writes:

> Does anyone have a good example .fvwm2rc file that mimics twm?
>
> (Google didn't find anything that appeared to be useful.)

Without any config file at all, Fvwm2 looks a little like TWM.
(If I remember right.) I don't think you'd find it too hard to just
build it yourself.

I looked at fvwm-themes but didn't see anything marked as TWM,
most people want something pretty elaborate.

I also looked thru the screenshots at Fvwm.org and didn't see anyone
purposely trying for the TWM look.

Maybe if you ask on the fvwm mailing list someone will have what
you want.

I've been using this:

http://fvwm.org/screenshots/desktops/Dan-desk-1280x1024/screenshot.gif

For a very long time and I've never grown tired of those mottled blue
frames. I've changed my menus to use the same mottled blue as a
background since that screen shot.

From: J G Miller on
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:35:33 -0500, despen wrote:

> CAUTION! That config file is for Fvwm1 which is completely unsupported
> and should not be used.

No, but it can be used as a basis for writing an FVWM2 version of a TWM
emulation.