From: Nitram on
Hi,

I am looking for a PHY-layer LTE baseband signal generator (I and Q
samples). My preference is for a software solution, if only because the
cost should be lower, but I would also consider a hardware solution if the
price is competitive.

It is important that the signal generator be “vetted”: I am planning to
use it for verification, so it is critical that I have confidence that the
waveform is accurate. Flexibility (i.e. the ability to change the PHY-layer
parameters) would also be a plus.

Would anybody have any recommendations? The samples do not necessarily need
to be generated in real time (can be stored somewhere), but it would be
ideal if it could generate a signal over many frames according to the
standard (PBCH repeated every 40ms etc). Currently, I am considering a C++
based software solution (from Agilent), or a Matlab toolbox, but any other
suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks for your help.