From: Alan on
Hello,

I need to create 3 query-based distribution lists (QBDL) which target:
1. all users in dept x = 300 addresses;
2. all users in dept x which are permanent employees = 200 addresses;
3. all users in dept x which are contractors = 100 addresses.

The good news is that all this information is in AD (populated by
MIIS). The bad news is that we still have some Outlook 2002 clients.

Am I correct that Outlook 2002 clients don't even see QBDLs in the
GAL? That's what my testing indicates.

If so, can QBDLs be access in another way, e.g., by just sending a
message to their e-mail address instead of selecting them from the
GAL? Will they expand normally in this case?

Otherwise, should I create 3 normal, static DLs, then schedule a
script to populate them each day? Any other suggestions welcome too.

Thanks,

- Alan.