From: Hillbilly on
Is it becoming obvious to other developers to attract and retain the persons
using our websites we have to now implement an integration strategy with the
social networking sites: FaceBook, LinkedIn and Twitter to name what I think
are --currently-- the "big three?"

From: Gregory A. Beamer on
"Hillbilly" <nobody(a)nowhere.com> wrote in

> Is it becoming obvious to other developers to attract and retain the
> persons using our websites we have to now implement an integration
> strategy with the social networking sites: FaceBook, LinkedIn and
> Twitter to name what I think are --currently-- the "big three?"

I have set up Twitter libs for blogging, including short url
implementations. I need to find more time to bullet proof the libs, but
it is a nice proof of concept. I posted the short url library (beta,
perhaps alpha) on CodePlex. I need to do the same with the Twitter bits.
Since everything is on Twitter's side, this is the easiest to implement.

I have only examined the Facebook bits briefly. Interacting with
Facebook is a bit more involved, especially if you are going to set up
an "application". You can skirt this a bit by setting up fan pages,
etc., but to really capture people, you end up with a model more like
the app developers, which means running the app on your own server. This
requires a bit more thought.

I have not even started examining LinkedIn for integration. Lately it
seems that most of the people "marketing" on LinkedIn are
inappropriately SPAMMING it.

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |
From: Hillbilly on
I agree with your observations regarding LinkedIn and the same rings true of
those using Facebook doing not much else than their hired girls advertising
drink specials for the bar owners they work for as "social networking
experts."