From: MM on
I can remember reading somewhere about On Local Error... and typed
this into a new app just to see whether VB would barf. It didn't.
However, the online help doesn't mention On Local Error at all.

MM
From: Jim Mack on
MM wrote:
> I can remember reading somewhere about On Local Error... and typed
> this into a new app just to see whether VB would barf. It didn't.
> However, the online help doesn't mention On Local Error at all.

It's accepted for compatibility but does nothing.

--
Jim Mack
Twisted tees at http://www.cafepress.com/2050inc
From: Nobody on
"MM" <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I can remember reading somewhere about On Local Error... and typed
> this into a new app just to see whether VB would barf. It didn't.
> However, the online help doesn't mention On Local Error at all.

I think it's for VBA or for legacy reasons and it has the same behavior as
On Error, but I am not sure. Try the search tab in MSDN, and use double
quotes.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Nobody wrote:
> "MM" <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I can remember reading somewhere about On Local Error... and typed
>> this into a new app just to see whether VB would barf. It didn't.
>> However, the online help doesn't mention On Local Error at all.
>
> I think it's for VBA or for legacy reasons and it has the same behavior as On
> Error, but I am not sure. Try the search tab in MSDN, and use double quotes.

It's legacy. MSBASIC, of the DOS varieties, had global error handling
by default. If you used Local, it was restricted to that routine.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org