From: kj on

Subject line pretty much says it all: is there a book like "Effective
Java" for Python. I.e. a book that assumes that readers are
experienced programmers that already know the basics of the language,
and want to focus on more advanced programming issues?

~K
From: Simon Brunning on

<http://www.packtpub.com/expert-python-programming/book> is good.

--
Cheers,
Simon B.
From: Chris Withers on
kj wrote:

> Subject line pretty much says it all: is there a book like "Effective
> Java"

oxymoronic, no?

Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
From: Stefan Behnel on
Chris Withers, 10.03.2010 17:46:
> kj wrote:
>> Subject line pretty much says it all: is there a book like "Effective
>> Java"
>
> oxymoronic, no?
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

Nothing to excuse for. I thought exactly the same thing.

Stefan

From: James Harris on
On 10 Mar, 15:19, kj <no.em...(a)please.post> wrote:
> Subject line pretty much says it all: is there a book like "Effective
> Java" for Python.  I.e. a book that assumes that readers are
> experienced programmers that already know the basics of the language,
> and want to focus on more advanced programming issues?

I don't know about the Java book you mention but I find Python in a
Nutshell published by O'Reilly to be a good reference.

James