From: "alan bryan" on
Hi,

I'm trying to get Apache 2.2 and Postgres to work together so that I
can use mod_authn_dbd.

I think the problem is that APR is not being passed the correct
arguments so that it configures with PGSQL support.

# ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so
/usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so:
# ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dbd.so
/usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dbd.so:

Shouldn't there be various pgsql things listed here?

I compiled ports/apache22 with WITH_PGSQL=yes and also tried
WITH_PGSQL=/usr/local/pgsql with no changes in result. Am I doing
something wrong here?

Apache error logs show:

[Thu Aug 17 13:59:12 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: driver for [DBDriver unset] not
available
[Thu Aug 17 13:59:12 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
implemented on this platform: DBD: failed to initialise

On another list someone says that the apr-util needs parameters passed
to it in order to compile in Postgres support.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=113855247701995&w=2

So, my main question is: Is there a way for me to pass arguments to
the apr-util part of the port compilation so it compiles with
postgres support and I can thus use mod_authn_dbd and mod_dbd with
Postgres support?

Thanks,
Alan
On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:24:31PM -0700, alan bryan wrote:
> # ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so
> /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so:
> # ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dbd.so
> /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dbd.so:
>
> Shouldn't there be various pgsql things listed here?

It depends. For built-in Apache stuff, the answer is no; the
modules are not shared (unless you explicitly build with shared
support). In English, this means you won't see any linked libs
using ldd on *.so modules.

For non-built-in Apache modules, many prefer shared. For
example:

$ ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/libphp5.so
/usr/local/libexec/apache22/libphp5.so:
libcrypt.so.3 => /lib/libcrypt.so.3 (0x38404000)
libm.so.4 => /lib/libm.so.4 (0x3841c000)
libxml2.so.5 => /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.5 (0x38432000)
libz.so.3 => /lib/libz.so.3 (0x3853d000)
libiconv.so.3 => /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.3 (0x3854d000)

As for the rest of your question -- as I've never run into this
problem (nor do I use PostgreSQL, although it doesn't appear to be
a problem with PostgreSQL), I can't really comment.

Just wanted to share the above info.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick jdc at parodius.com |
| Parodius Networking http://www.parodius.com/ |

On 8/17/06, Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd(a)jdc.parodius.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 02:24:31PM -0700, alan bryan wrote:
> > # ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so
> > /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so:
> > # ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dbd.so
> > /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dbd.so:
> >
> > Shouldn't there be various pgsql things listed here?
>
> It depends. For built-in Apache stuff, the answer is no; the
> modules are not shared (unless you explicitly build with shared
> support). In English, this means you won't see any linked libs
> using ldd on *.so modules.

Thanks for responding. As far as I know, the dbd parts of apache
don't use built-in code but link out to use the existing code. That's
why in the link here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=113855247701995&w=2
uses a configure step that includes "--with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql".
So, I think this means it's linking against the shared libs? If
that's the case, then I should see those listed I think. I'm thinking
that I'm experiencing a similar problem and that when I build the
apache22 port the apr-utils step isn't being told where my postgres
libs are.

The other errors also point to apache2.2 not seeing the postgres
install or being properly linked against it. I'm trying to figure out
if I'm just not entering my make commands right or if this port is
broken and the WITH_PGSQL isn't working right.

--Alan

--dc+cDN39EJAMEtIO

alan bryan wrote:

> I'm trying to get Apache 2.2 and Postgres to work together so that I
> can use mod_authn_dbd.
>=20
> I think the problem is that APR is not being passed the correct
> arguments so that it configures with PGSQL support.
>=20
> # ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so
> /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_authn_dbd.so:
> # ldd /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dbd.so
> /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_dbd.so:
>=20
> Shouldn't there be various pgsql things listed here?
>=20
> I compiled ports/apache22 with WITH_PGSQL=3Dyes and also tried
> WITH_PGSQL=3D/usr/local/pgsql with no changes in result. Am I doing
> something wrong here?

Hm... www/apache22 port has no WITH_PGSQL knob. I was figthing with
apache22 + authentification via postgresql few days ago and now it works
here with www/mod_auth_pgsql2.
=20
> Apache error logs show:
>=20
> [Thu Aug 17 13:59:12 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
> implemented on this platform: DBD: driver for [DBDriver unset] not
> available
> [Thu Aug 17 13:59:12 2006] [crit] (70023)This function has not been
> implemented on this platform: DBD: failed to initialise
>=20
> On another list someone says that the apr-util needs parameters passed
> to it in order to compile in Postgres support.
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=3Dapache-httpd-users&m=3D113855247701995&=
w=3D2
>=20
> So, my main question is: Is there a way for me to pass arguments to
> the apr-util part of the port compilation so it compiles with
> postgres support and I can thus use mod_authn_dbd and mod_dbd with
> Postgres support?

--dc+cDN39EJAMEtIO

--dc+cDN39EJAMEtIO--
From: "alan bryan" on
On 8/18/06, Roman Bogorodskiy <novel(a)freebsd.org> wrote:
> > I compiled ports/apache22 with WITH_PGSQL=yes and also tried
> > WITH_PGSQL=/usr/local/pgsql with no changes in result. Am I doing
> > something wrong here?
>
> Hm... www/apache22 port has no WITH_PGSQL knob. I was figthing with
> apache22 + authentification via postgresql few days ago and now it works
> here with www/mod_auth_pgsql2.

Are you sure about that?

# pwd
/usr/ports/www/apache22

# more Makefile.doc
# Makefile.doc
# Author: Clement Laforet <clement(a)FreeBSD.org>
#
# This files contains:
# - make options output
# - apache2 man/docs routines
#
# $FreeBSD: ports/www/apache22/Makefile.doc,v 1.9 2006/05/10 19:47:15 clement Ex
p $
#

## Available knobs:
## By default, modules are compiled as dynamically loadable (DSO) modules.
##

....blah, blah....

## WITH_(MYSQL|PGSQL|SQLITE): Enable SQL backend *dbd

So, I saw that and thought that WITH_PGSQL is valid. So, you are
saying that it is not? That would help explain some of the problems
I'm seeing.

I could use (and have in the past on apache 2.0) www/mod_auth_pgsql2
but I was getting "No Authn provider configured" with the following
..htaccess:

AuthName "Administration Area"
AuthType basic

Auth_PG_host localhost
Auth_PG_port 5432
Auth_PG_encrypted on
Auth_PG_user pgsql
Auth_PG_database dbname
Auth_PG_pwd_table users
Auth_PG_uid_field username
Auth_PG_pwd_field password

require user username

which worked fine in apache 2.0. So, what parts of the new auth stuff
do you have loaded in your httpd.conf that you don't get that error?
It sounds like I was getting some of the new auth stuff to start
trying to do things as a result of the AuthType basic line but I'm not
sure what else to put there. Can you share some of your setup
details?

Thanks!

--Alan