From: Henning on
Hi,

If I have an app where I created 8 different User Controls, they are only
added when running, are they "compiled in" in the exe? Do I need to use a
hidden Form with one each on that Form, to get them auto-included? Tried to
read and understand, but no...

Would be nice to know before I let my fellow testers laugh at my not working
app... ;)

TIA/Henning

From: MikeD on

"Henning" <computer_hero(a)coldmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> If I have an app where I created 8 different User Controls, they are only
> added when running, are they "compiled in" in the exe? Do I need to use a
> hidden Form with one each on that Form, to get them auto-included? Tried
> to read and understand, but no...
>
> Would be nice to know before I let my fellow testers laugh at my not
> working app... ;)

So, you've added or created .ctl files that are PART of the EXE project? If
that is the case, then yes, those user controls are compiled into the EXE.

--
Mike

From: Henning on

"MikeD" <nobody(a)nowhere.edu> skrev i meddelandet

> "Henning" <computer_hero(a)coldmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> If I have an app where I created 8 different User Controls, they are only
>> added when running, are they "compiled in" in the exe? Do I need to use a
>> hidden Form with one each on that Form, to get them auto-included? Tried
>> to read and understand, but no...
>>
>> Would be nice to know before I let my fellow testers laugh at my not
>> working app... ;)
>>

> So, you've added or created .ctl files that are PART of the EXE project?
> If that is the case, then yes, those user controls are compiled into the
> EXE.
>
> --
> Mike

Yes, and they are present in the .vbp file. Was just not sure.

Thx!

/Henning

From: Nobody on
"Henning" <computer_hero(a)coldmail.com> wrote in message
> are they "compiled in" in the exe?

Always. If they are listed in the project, then they are included. Try
searching the EXE for the UserControl names using a Hex editor. They are
always listed there.

Free hex editor:

http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm

> Do I need to use a hidden Form with one each on that Form, to get them
> auto-included?

No.

From: Dee Earley on
On 16/02/2010 21:47, Henning wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I have an app where I created 8 different User Controls, they are only
> added when running, are they "compiled in" in the exe? Do I need to use a
> hidden Form with one each on that Form, to get them auto-included? Tried to
> read and understand, but no...

I expect you are getting an error along the lines of:
> 'Project.UserControl' cannot be added because it is referenced but
> not in use by any items in the project. To correct this, uncheck
> 'Remove information about unused ActiveX Controls' in Project
> Options.

If so, then it gives you the answer in the error message :)
(Or put them on a form, but the tickbox is cleaner)

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems