Prev: e-mail
Next: Tracking Log
From: Omi on
1. I download an excel file from a client and import it as clients table into
Access 2007
2. I need to append records from that table only if key is not equal to
primary key in existing members table.

How?

From: bubbles on
On May 18, 4:43 am, Omi <O...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 1. I download an excel file from a client and import it as clients table into
> Access 2007
> 2. I need to append records from that table only if key is not equal to
> primary key in existing members table.
>
> How?

A simple way to do this is:

a) Set up the Access 2007 table as a permanent table for storing
records,
and set the key field to Indexed (No Duplicates).

b) Import Excel file into a temporary table, then APPEND the records
in the
temporary table to the permanent table.

Rationale: Since the key field is set to Indexed (No Duplicates), it
will not allow
any records with the same key field value to be appended.

HTH

Pages: 1
Prev: e-mail
Next: Tracking Log