From: Steve Hix on
In article <i2o4g6$esu$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Tim Okergit <to(a)notme.com> wrote:

> The nuisance the Magic Mouse was meant to be from the beginning:
>
> http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/
>
> But don't forget: Steve says it's magic!

If it only works as well as the trackpad on the current MacBook/Pro line, it
will be more than just good enough. (One is going to be replacing the trackball
that my wife has been using on her computers for the better part of the past
decade.)

And in this case, if you don't want one, you don't have to get one.
From: Sara on
In article
<michelle-A18A1C.07231528072010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.e
xample.com>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> In article <280720101019390434%star(a)sky.net>, Davoud <star(a)sky.net> wrote:
>
> > The thin keyboard-like object that Apple distributes is beneath my
> > contempt. I have two of them that will end up in the county recycle
> > facility in their original wrapping because I have been unable to find
> > anyone who would accept them free-of-charge.
>
> I'll accept them, and will even pay postage. Email me if you're
> interested. I use a legitimate email address on these newsgroups.

Oooo And me! And me!

--
Sara

Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment
From: Lloyd Parsons on
In article
<michelle-CB622D.08021028072010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.e
xample.com>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> In article <lloydparsons-2724B6.09244028072010(a)port80.individual.net>,
> Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons(a)mac.com> wrote:
>
> > As to the trackpad, well it looks neat, but honestly I've never found a
> > trackpad on any laptop to be anything I like at all. Most likely I'll
> > take a pass on Apple's new Magic one! :)
>
> I haven't liked the trackpads on laptops, but the touchscreen on the iPhone
> and the touch top on the Magic Mouse are giving me second thoughts about a
> the Magic Touchpad, especially since it's 80% larger than the touchpad on
> the laptops.
>
> I'll give it a try at the Apple Store, and if it passes that first cut,
> I'll buy one. Apple has a 15-day return policy (in the States; I don't
> know what the policy is in other countries), so I'll have two weeks to run
> it through its paces at home before deciding whether to keep it.

I'll wait to see what you think of it. Unfortunately, the nearest Apple
Store is a 2 hour drive and while BestBuy here does do Apple, they don't
have the Magic Trackpad yet. And then there's the fact that I'm
currently pissed at BB to take into account... :)

--
Lloyd

From: Victor Eijkhout on
Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> > > The thin keyboard-like object that Apple distributes is beneath my
> > > contempt. I have two of them that will end up in the county recycle
> > > facility in their original wrapping because I have been unable to find
> > > anyone who would accept them free-of-charge.
> >
> > I'll accept them, and will even pay postage. Email me if you're
> > interested. I use a legitimate email address on these newsgroups.
>
> Oooo And me! And me!

Ditto. I already have three of them (one at home, one in each office),
but since I have two computers at home I could use another.

Victor.

--
Victor Eijkhout -- eijkhout at tacc utexas edu