From: Robert Haar on
On 7/28/10 11:02 AM, "Michelle Steiner" <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> In article <lloydparsons-2724B6.09244028072010(a)port80.individual.net>,
> Lloyd Parsons <lloydparsons(a)mac.com> wrote:
>
>> As to the trackpad, well it looks neat, but honestly I've never found a
>> trackpad on any laptop to be anything I like at all. Most likely I'll
>> take a pass on Apple's new Magic one! :)
>
> I haven't liked the trackpads on laptops, but the touchscreen on the iPhone
> and the touch top on the Magic Mouse are giving me second thoughts about a
> the Magic Touchpad, especially since it's 80% larger than the touchpad on
> the laptops.

Same here. I have become addicted to gestures on my iPhone but I'm not sure
of the translation to a desk top environment.

What bothers me about this announcement is that there is no wired version.
All my keyboards and mice are wired, mainly because I hate having to swap
batteries. But my Mac Pro doesn't even have a BT interface. I would have to
add one to use the touch pad.

From: Robert Haar on
On 7/28/10 10:19 AM, "Davoud" <star(a)sky.net> wrote:

> The thin keyboard-like object that Apple distributes is beneath my
> contempt. I have two of them that will end up in the county recycle
> facility in their original wrapping because I have been unable to find
> anyone who would accept them free-of-charge.

Send them to me. I'll pay shipping. I love the recent keyboards.

But I agree about the various mouse design failures. For a company that
really improves the user interface in most areas, Apple has problems
designing good mice. I usually go a a Microsoft mouse even though it sounds
like sacrilege.