From: George Herold on
On Aug 9, 9:35 pm, "Tom Biasi" <tombi...(a)optonline.net> wrote:
> "George Herold" <ggher...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Aug 9, 11:15 am, "Tom Biasi" <tombi...(a)optonline.net> wrote:
>

> > "John Robertson" <s...(a)flippers.com> wrote in message

> > > Seems many are discontinued:
>
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rechargeable_alkaline_battery
>
> > > John :-#(#
>
> > > --
>
> > Even if you can find them, stay away from them.
>
> I never heard of them before Tom.  Why stay away from them?
>
> George H.
>
> There is a good reason they are not available anymore. They were junk. They
> leaked, charged to incorrect voltage, sometimes overheated and caused
> problems, and lasted about a month.

OK thanks Tom.
From: Pete on
Tom Biasi wrote:

> There is a good reason they are not available anymore. They were junk. They
> leaked, charged to incorrect voltage, sometimes overheated and caused
> problems, and lasted about a month.

Despite the OP saying that his had lasted two years?

Peter
From: TomBbiasi on

"Pete" <pjetson(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Tom Biasi wrote:
>
>> There is a good reason they are not available anymore. They were junk.
>> They
>> leaked, charged to incorrect voltage, sometimes overheated and caused
>> problems, and lasted about a month.
>
> Despite the OP saying that his had lasted two years?
>
> Peter
Its possible, but the odds are against it.

From: stratus46 on
On Aug 10, 10:07 pm, Pete <pjet...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Tom Biasi wrote:
> > There is a good reason they are not available anymore. They were
junk. They
> > leaked, charged to incorrect voltage, sometimes overheated and
caused
> > problems, and lasted about a month.
>
> Despite the OP saying that his had lasted two years?
>
> Peter

IIRC they were only good for a small number of chargings like 25 or
so. Perhaps they were better in terms of self discharge. The NiMH
cells I use in my camera have only been charged a few times in the
first year for 1600 shots.

From: Cydrome Leader on
In sci.electronics.components George Herold <ggherold(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 9, 11:15?am, "Tom Biasi" <tombi...(a)optonline.net> wrote:
>> "John Robertson" <s...(a)flippers.com> wrote in message

>> > Seems many are discontinued:
>>
>> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rechargeable_alkaline_battery
>>
>> > John :-#(#
>>
>> > --
>>
>> Even if you can find them, stay away from them.
>
> I never heard of them before Tom. Why stay away from them?
>
> George H.

They seemed prone explode or leak. I used to use the Rayovac "renewal"
ones.

One broke open like biscuit tube in my hand. I wasn't hurt in any way, but
it was a little surprising.